There is a great book one of my 1st grade teachers uses called "Story S-T-R-
E-T-C-H-E-R-S for the Primary Grades, Activities to Expand Children's
Favorite Books" by Shirley C. Raines and Robert J. Canady c1992 which has some
ideas you might use.  1. make spider web prints (our teacher uses this book
and activity to study spiders as science)  2.  create a portrait gallery of the
 main characters  3.  use their voices to become the various characters
(modulate their voices).  4.  write catchy captions for the drawings in the
book.  Hope this helps you out a bit.

LM_NET Archive Home