Hey, all. I posted this hit on Saturday, but several people have since sent
suggestions and asked me to post a hit, so I thought I'd repost the list.

By the way, the winner of the great inventor/sleuth mystery search was
(drum roll) _The Marvelous Inventions of Alvin Fernald_ by Clifford Hicks.
Again, thanks to everyone who has helped with this request!
***