Another "must have" is _Each Peach, Pear, Plum_ by Janet and Allan
Ahlberg!  My now 17 year-old daughter loved it as a toddler and still
cherishes her copy (and still knows all the words by heart.)

She also loved _Blueberries for Sal_ and _Ferdinand the Bull_, while my
now 20 year-old son is still attached to  _Mike Mulligan and His Steam
Shovel_.  Gosh....this strand takes me back....   sigh.....

Cheryl :-)

        Cheryl Bybee, Director of Library Services --  Northside ISD
        6632 Bandera Road, Bldg. D              San Antonio, TX 78238
                        (210)522-8190     cbybee@tenet.edu