Below are the responses I received regarding good materials for career
information.  Thanks to everyone who contributed!

we recently purchased the encyclopedia of careers and vocational guidance
on CD-ROM.  We got it in the spring and about 100 kids used it; they all
liked it and found the informtion they needed.  I think it was around
$300.00.

sorry, I don't know off hand where I purchased it from, but its from
Ferguson, the same folks who make the print version of the career ency.
I think I purchased it from an independent sales rep. I have all the
information at school so contact me later if you still need the information.
Mary Alice

Mary Alice Anderson
Winona Middle School
Winona MN

I have found the Occupational Outlook Handbook to be very useful.  It is
available on the NET.  It is easy to find from a Veronica search.  I'm
sorry I don't have the print or Net bibliographic info. home; I'll be
glad to send it if you still need it when I get back to school.

Roberta Cole Lader, Librarian, St. Thomas More Cathedral School,
Arlington, VA, 22203

e-mail: lader@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu

Linda:  I'm not at school so I can't cite the source but we have used
_Choices_ CD-ROM for three years now and it is great.  A student can
choose from a huge list of careers and then the two or four year colleges
or universities that specialize in that career, or choose a college based
on type of location and cost, be it small-town or big city.  If no one
else tells you the info on this package, email me back, school starts the
17th and I can get you the info then.

LM_NET Archive Home