Well, it finally happened in our school (and one other school in our
district.)  My principal squeezed out a half-time position as a school
"Technology Teacher".  I'm to be in one of the two teaching areas in the
library, and am to "do my thing" with the whole school.  I've been the
Technology Pilot Classroom teacher for the past two years, so I have lots
of fifth-grade experience, but now I'm to do the following things with
all grades (K-5):

1.  Introduce and practice Macintosh skills to a school with no Mac lab,
and one Mac in each of the 3rd-5th grade classrooms.

2.  Teach the TEACHERS how to use Macs in their curricula as they learn
along with their students.

3.  Be the technology resource teacher for our school: troubleshooting,
fix up the Apple II lab and keep it going; preview, order, install, and
promote new software, and ... whatever else comes up, I suppose.

Meanwhile, of course, I'll be teaching a fifth grade class the other half
of each day ....

HELP!

Any ideas about where to begin - especially with primary kids?  I've
never taught lower than third grade.

Oh, yes, I'll only have FIVE computers in my tech area, so I'll have to
rotate kids onto computers in groups....

#:(

Shellie Mueller
smueller@eagle.esd189.wednet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home