--JPLxxxccMailxxxSMTPxxxID2956gc46x

Dear LM_NETers,

Some time ago I asked for recommendations (after searching the
LM_NET archives) on library automation software packages.  I have
since gotten a lot of information, thank you, and have only one
more recommendation to ask for.

We are such a small library (currently 4000 volumes, hoping to
later be about 10,000), that I'm wondering if anyone has
recommendations specifically for this size.  We will be on PCs,
not MACs, and are a K-6 school.  Many of the packages look great,
but seem more suitable for multi-hundred-thousand volume,
university-type libraries.  We may eventually tap into our local
city OPAC, but we will probably never network with other schools,
nor get beyond a 5-digit size.

My current list of packages we will be looking at is:
Molli/Athena, Dynix (Ameritech) Scholar , Winnebago, Follett,
Educational Solutions (Surpass).  Columbia is an example of one
that I think is just too big for us.  Do any of you highly
recommend something else (or any of these particularly) for our
very small application?  Also, since we are in California, we
would prefer one who has a not-insubstantial customer base out
here.

Thanks very much,
Betsy Wilson (Elizabeth.Wilson@jpl.nasa.gov)
--JPLxxxccMailxxxSMTPxxxID2956gc46x--