Hello LM_Netters,

I am taking a course at University of North Texas and we are to choose a
topic of interest and complete a project around that topic.  The project
must be completed by early December so I am anxious to get started on it.

I am interested in the drop off level of reading interest in grades 4 and
up, but specifically grades 4 - 8.

What I am asking for is your help.  What do you do in your library to
keep reading interest going?  Do you have specific programs that target
this subject.  (If you would be so kind, describe them in detail.) Also, do
you notice a drop off in reading interest?  At what grade level do you see it?

I will be pulling together a booklet (hopefully) of different ideas that
I receive and will be happy to send it to anyone that request the book
(especially those of you that respond to my plea!).

Also, if you have ideas of where else I should target my research (other
than LM_Netters), I would appreciate that.

Now, as I pass over the half way point of my MLS, I am looking forward to
joining the rest of you in the work force next fall.  I have learned so much
from LM_Net messages, I don't see how anyone could live without this sort
of information and comraderie.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Beth Ross
mbr0001@jove.unt.edu
Southlake, TX

P.S. If you live within an hour drive of the DFW airport (Texas) and
would be willing for me to come to your school to see what you are doing,
I would love the opportunity.  Just send me the address and the day you
would like me to come and I will be there.  Thanks.

LM_NET Archive Home