I spoke to the director of our Library Processing Center about this.  We
had been using "F REI" for her books.  However, she has recently
requested that Banks be used instead, so we are converting to "F BAN" in
our district.

Cheri Jantzen
Edgewood Elementary School
Spring Branch ISD
Houston, TX
cjantzen@tenet.edu

On Sat, 2 Dec 1995, Jeanette Berry Heath wrote:

> Paul
> In our Library Media Center on the spine lables we use FIC for fiction
> books and the first 3 letters of the author's last name for cutters.
> Thus, ban (sorry-should be BAN) for books Lynne Reid Banks wrote using
> her last name, and REI for some where Reid Banks was used as a last
> name.
> What I am trying to find out is if Banks is her real last name, or if
> Reid is her maiden name and she married and just added on Banks
> but decided not to hyphenate.
> Perhaps someone has her address?
> Heath@Oswego.oswego.edu

> Forwarded message ---------- Date: Wed, 29 Nov 1995 21:13:10 -0800 (PST)
> From: Paul Messersmith <messerp@PEAK.ORG>
> To: Jeanette Berry Heath <heath@oswego.Oswego.EDU>
> Subject: Re: Lynne Reid Banks
>
> What is ban and what is REI? When you ask for help - ask for help!
>
> messerp@peak.org

LM_NET Archive Home