HELP! I'm new to my job (only a couple of weeks old). I've been told by my
superintendant that I must have my big book order (for 3 schools--1 middle,
2 elem.) turned in by DEC. 15!!! Yaarrrrgggghhhh! These libraries have had
no weeding for about 10 years, and there's no way I can get through all of
them in time, so I don't know where the "holes" in the collections are. If
you have suggestions for general ways to approach this book purchase,
please let me know. Many of my students speak Spanish, and from what I've
heard, reading levels can be low. Would you purchase books that indicate a
level of 4-7th grade, for instance, for middle schoolers? Which biography
series do you think is really a good and attractive one? Our science
collection, of course, is nearly worthless, so suggestions there would be
welcomed as well.

Gayle Hodur
ghodur@redshift.com

LM_NET Archive Home