Last month I received the first issue of a new periodical, Christian Library
Journal.  It is primarily for Christian schools and Church libraries, but
would also be of use to public libraries.  I think it shows promise of filling
a need for these libraries.  It is difficult to find many reviews of Christian
books, and each issue will contain reviews of about 125 books, cassette tapes,
and videos from both Christian and secular publishers.  There were a couple of
articles and an order form for a purchasing cooperative.  It is very difficult
to find vendors for Christian books which supply MARC records, and they do.
This first issue was printed on a copier, and not in color, but there was  a
letter mentioning plans to improve print quality once circulation increases.
I'm not on the staff or related to the periodical -- I just wanted to tell
other Christian schools about it.  Also, several members have mentioned
starting church libraries, and I felt that they might find this useful.
The address is:
Christian Library Journal
7628 78th Drive N.E.
Marysville, WA 98270-6515