any response will be appreciated.  Thanks Mary Bryan, Librarian, Jack C.
Taylor Elementary School  Burleson, TX  76028

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 1995 20:04:28 -0600 (CST)
From: Brenda Yowell - Burleson ISD <bky@tenet.edu>
Subject: Intercession

Hello Everyone:

I am in desperate and QUICK need of information.  BISD is saying that we
will be going to an "intercession" school calendar next year.  Not much
thought, planning or investigating has gone one.  I have been given the
charge of trying to find information on the Internet about this
topic--the advantages and disadvantages, where it has been used in the
past, was it successful, etc.

Intercession is where there are "sessions" of school and then the
students that have pass the TAAS and are passing all their core classes
can stay home for several days while the students that need remedial work
are required to attend the "breaks" to received additional help. I don't
know many of the details--like how will they decide which teachers get
what sessions off, how will they make the kids come, etc.

Do any of you know anything about this type of school calendar??  Do you
know places that I can look for the data??

Any help will certainly be appreciated--and as soon as possible!!

Brenda
Brenda Yowell      *    Burleson High School     *     Burleson, TX  76028
Box 597            *    517 SW Johnson           *     817 447 5717
Joshua, TX  76058  *    Dept. Chairperson        *     bky@tenet.edu