I tried to send this message directly to Larry, but it got bounced back to me.
So my apologies for sending it to the whole list, but I don't know of any other
way.
------

Larry --

I'd suggest you take a look at 2 new titles by Paul Zindel: LOCH and
THE DOOM STONE.  LOCH is about Loch Ness monsterlike creatures and has
ecological overtones, since the main characters are basically trying to prevent
their extinction (and exploitation).  THE DOOM STONE is set at Stonehenge and,
according to the 12/15/95 issue of ALA Booklist, "even reluctant readers won't
be able to put this one down."

I hope the class likes them.

Catherine Balkin
HarperCollins Children's Books