Dear Netters,

I thought I might have to post a second hit on all the wonderful
Christmas story suggestions for the fifth and sixth grades which I received.

Just want to mention a special thanks to all of you who recommended
Cynthia Rylant's book, Children of Christmas.  I used Silver Packages
with my fifth graders yesterday and they LOVED it.

Additional suggestions, none of which I have yet looked at, include:

The year of the perfect Christmas tree (Houston)
The amazing Christmas extravaganza (Shannon)
Why Christmas trees aren't perfect (Schneider)
Cajun night before Christmas
Texas night before Christmas
Hillbilly night before Christmas
Santa calls (Joyce)
The story of Christmas (Cooney)
Angel with a mouthorgan (Mattingly)
The miracle tree (also Mattingly if I'm reading the note correctly)
The night tree (Bunting)
The reindeer Christmas
Very merry cricket (video)
Ramona and her father (last chapter)