Thanks very much to all who responded to my question about SIRS.
I received over a hundred responses, almost all of which were
extremely positive.  "students would be lost without it", "very high
success rate", "a lifesaver", "love it", "very happy", "extremely
satisfied with it".....
- There was consensus that Discoverer is pretty well only suitable
to intermediate levels and Researcher is for senior levels.
- The 3 negative responses mentioned (as was posted to the list by
one) that the subject indexing was too broad, so searches came up
with too many results.  One of these was from a Mac user- which
leaves me wondering if it is a problem particular to that version.
- I also received a caution from a Canadian that as an American
product, it has an American focus (even though there are some small
Canadian sources).  I believe that was the only Canadian who
responded.
Thanks, again folks!  It was very helpful.

Manal Stamboulie
Lakefield College School
Lakefield, Ontario, Canada. K0L 2H0
MStamboulie@lakefieldcs.lakefield.on.ca