This was forwarded to me. I thought people on LM_Net might be interested.

********************
Gail M. Szeliga
Internet:uehslib1@transit.nyser.net
Union Endicott High School                       Fax:      607.757.2139
Endicott, NY 13760                               Voice:    607.757.2813

"Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
                                                        Arthur C. Clarke

>"You Ought to be in Pictures"
>
>Rick Smolan and the team that created the "Day in the Life", "From Alice
>to Ocean" and "Passage to Vietnam" photography books, want to shoot you
>and your friends!  They're looking for the best examples about how
>Cyberspace is changing peoples lives all over the world and if they like
>your story they may send one of the world's top photographers to shoot
>pictures of you on Thursday, February 8, 1996.  On that day over 1000
>photographers armed with digital cameras will be dispatched around the
>globe to show how Cyberspace is beginning to reach out and affect peoples
>lives. It's going to be one of the largest photographic projects ever
>done and certainly one of the biggest collaborative internet projects.
>
>The Focus of "24 Hours in Cyberspace: Painting on the Walls of the
>Digital Cave" will be on the human stories behind the technology; the new
>ways in which we work, play, learn, conduct business and interact. These
>photographs will be transmitted digitally back to project headquarters in
>San Francisco that same day, where an international team of 80 editors
>(representing Time, Newsweek, Life, National Geographic etc), plus
>designers and programmers will assemble a unique "instant" 24-hour World
>Wide Web site.  The goal is to produce unprecedented online, real-time
>photojournalism on a global scale.
>
>The idea is to use the power of the Internet to let people around the
>world both contribute and view images and stories of things that happened
>since they woke up that day.
>
>The goal here is NOT to show people sitting at computer terminals and
>it's not about collecting lots of random "bits".  The project is driven
>by carefully researched assignments and is both photograpic and edit
>driven.  The goal is to show in photographs and words how peoples lives
>are being affected as a results of being wired.
>
>The leads can be about you, a friend, something you read about that was
>cool, etc.  A team of professional journalists on the 24 Hours staff will
>follow up any interesting leads.
>
>If you think you've got a great story to tell and would like to either
>submit an assignment idea or learn more about how you can participate in
>this cool project please send your ideas to: Stories@Cyber24.com or check
>out:  http://www.Cyber24.com.  Please also feel free to pass this along
>to people you know.

LM_NET Archive Home