I printed out words to some of the more famous Chirstmas songs for the
students to use in their classrooms.  One of the teachers came up to me
and said that I chose the wrong spelling for one of the words.  How would
you have filled in this blank: ???

         "Up on the housetop, reindeer __________________;
          Out jumps good ol' Santa Clause."

All my life, I thought that word was "paws,"  but it's "pause."  At first
we had a friendly argument until she said, "Marian, reindeer don't have
paws; they have hooves.  Am I the only one who thought the word was "paws?"

                                                Marian S. Colclasure
                                                LMS, Rogers Public Schools

LM_NET Archive Home