Just received a frantic call from the owner of our local bookstore. A
teacher is seeking historical fiction titles suitable for 8th graders for
the very narrow time period of 1795-1806. Thomas Jefferson was president
then so we thought of _Wolf by the Ears_ but the teacher has already used
that. I think Lewis & Clark were traveling then, and the Louisiana
Purchase was in progress. Other than that, we came up blank. I know that
if anyone can come up with suggestions, it will be LM_NETTERS. Anyone
have any ideas for appropriate books for this time period? TIA!!

Karen Mclachlan, LMS
East Knox High School
Howard, Ohio
ehs_km@ncocc.ohio.gov