It's my turn to ask for your assistance in compiling information. Our
principal is forming a committee to study quarter and semester exams
and has asked me to gather information from other schools.
At present we are running into a conflict as far as timing is concerned.
Our first quarter exam days fall on the same days the state mandates
us to administer the state proficiency tests. We have been debating the
 value of quarter exams for some time and this new conflict has brought
up the dabate again.

Our questions :

Does your school administer quarter exams?
If so, are the exams during normal class length periods, or
   are they longer?
Does your school administer semester exams, if so, are they
  cumulative, or do they serve as a quarter exam?
If your school does administer exams, how are they weighted in the
  grades?
If your school does not administer exams, how are other class grades
   weighted to arrive at the quarter and final grades?

Please e-mail your responses directly to me at  smtc328@uoft02.utoledo.edu
Info needed by Dec. 13.
Thank You for your assistance -
Rebecca Stewart
Central  Catholic High School    Toledo, Ohio

LM_NET Archive Home