To: lm_net@listserv.syr.edu
Cc: zzdrus
Subject: Hit: Kindness Bibliography

LM_NETTERS, thanks for all your help in putting together this
bibliography of books dealing with kindness. The list is attached.
------------ Beginning of file attachment, Cut Here -------

                          KINDNESS BIBLIOGRAPHY

     Allard, Harry. It's so nice to have a wolf around the house.
Doubleday, 1977.
     Allen, Pamela. My cat Maisie. Viking, 1990.
     Arnold, Katya. Baba Yaga and the little girl: a Russian
folktale. North-South Books, 1994.
     Berenstain, Stan. The Berenstain bears forget their manners.
Random House, 1985.
     Berry, Joy Wilt. May I? Please? Thank you!: a children's
book about manners. Educ Prod. Div. Word, 1979.
     Brett, Jan. Beauty and the beast. Clarion, 1989.
     Brown, Margaret Wise. The runaway bunny.  Harper & Row,
1942.
     Burnford, Sheila. The incredible journey. Little, Brown,
1961.
     Carter, Anne. Beauty and the beast. Potter, 1986.
     Climo, Shirley. The cobweb Christmas. HarperCollins, 1982.
     Cohen, Miriam. Will I have a friend? Collier, 1967.
     Daugherty, James. Andy and the Lion. Viking, 1938.
     Davidson, Avelyn. The lion and the mouse. Rigby, 1990.
     De Paola, Tomie. The legend of the bluebonnet. Putnam, 1983.
     Dugan, Barbara. Loop the loop. Greenwillow, 1992.
     Fleischman, Sid. The scarebird. Greenwillow, 1988.
     Fox, Mem. Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge. Kane/Miller,
1984.
     Freedman, Florence. Brothers: a Hebrew legend. Harper & Row,
1985.
     Godden, Rumer. The old woman who lived in a vinegar bottle.
Viking, 1970.
     Greene, Bette. Summer of my German soldier. Dial, 1973.
     Griffith, Helen. Just a dog. Pocket/Archway, 1974.
     Henry, O. The gift of the magi. Simon & Schuster, 1988.
     Heyward, DuBose. Country bunny and the little gold shoes.
     Houghton Mifflin, 1939.
     Hodges, Margaret. The kitchen knight. Holiday, 1990.
     Houston, Gloria M. The year of the perfect Christmas tree.
Dial, 1988.
     Howe, James. Pinky and Rex and the spelling bee. Atheneum,
1991.
     Hughes, Shirley. Alfie gets in first. Lothrop, 1981.
     Hughes, Shirley. Alfie gives a hand. Lothrop, 1983.
     Hughes, Shirley. Dogger. Prentice Hall, 1977.
     Hutchins, Pat. The doorbell rang. Greenwillow, 1986.
     Kellogg, Steven. Johnny Appleseed: a tall tale. Morrow Jr.,
1988.
     LeGuin, Ursula. Catwings. Orchard, 1988.
     Lioni, Leo. Frederick. Pantheon, 1967.
     Lobel, Arnold. Frog and Toad are friends. Harper & Row,
1970.
     Lobel, Arnold. Frog and Toad together. Harper & Row, 1972.
     MacLachlan, Patricia. Sarah, plain and tall. Harper & Row,
1985.
     Marshall, James. George and Martha. Houghton Mifflin, 1972.
     Marshall, James. George and Martha encore. Houghton Mifflin,
1977.
     Marshall, James. George and Martha rise and shine. Houghton
Mifflin, 1979.
     Mayer, Marianna. Beauty and the beast. Four Winds, 1978.
     McDonald, Megan. The potato man. Orchard, 1991.
     McKinley, Robin. Beauty: a retelling of the story of Beauty
and the beast. Pocket, 1978.
     Miller, Edna. Mousekin's frosty friend. Simon & Schuster,
1990.
     Mills, Lauren. The rag coat. Little, Brown, 1991.
     Moore, Lilian. I'll meet you at the cucumbers. Atheneum,
1988.
     Nixon, Joan Lowery. In the face of danger. Bantam, 1988.
     Peet, Bill. The ant and the elephant. Houghton Mifflin,
1980.
     Piper, Watty. The little engine that could. Scholastic,
1961.
     Polacco. Patricia. Mrs. Katz and Tush. Bantam, 1992.
     Rappaport, Doreen. The journey of Meng. Dial, 1991.
     San Souci, Robert D. Sukey and the mermaid. Four Winds,
1992.
     San Souci, Robert D. The talking eggs. Dial, 1989.
     Scheidl, Gerda Marie. Four candles for Simon. North-South
Books, 1987.
     Silverstein, Shel. The giving tree. Harper & Row, 1964.
     Smith, Janice Lee. The kid next door and other headaches.
Harper & Row, 1984.
     Stanek, Muriel. I speak English for my mom. Whitman, 1989.
     Steptoe, John. Mufaro's beautiful daughter. Lothrop, 1987.
     Stevenson, James. The worst goes south. Greenwillow, 1995.
     Stevenson, James. The worst person's Christmas. Greenwillow,
1991.
     Taylor, Theodore. The cay. Doubleday, 1969.
     Testa, Fulvio. Wolf's favor. Dial, 1986.
     Tyler, Linda Wagner. The after-Christmas tree. Viking, 1990.
     Williams, Vera B. A chair for my mother. Mulberry, 1982.
     York, Carol Beach. Johnny Appleseed. Troll, 1980.
     Zemach, Margot. The princess and froggie. Farrar, 1975.
     Zolotow, Charlotte. Mr. Rabbit and the lovely present.
Harper & Row, 1962.

--------------- End of attachment, Cut Here ---------------

LM_NET Archive Home