Bonnie and all who are asking how Block Schedule affects the IMC......

We do not have nearly the supefluous "traffic" we had because you do not have all
of the passage times between so many classes   (which is great!)

We also do not have the "casual"  (free) reader we had when we had study halls thus
we do not see the amount of "free reading" we once did....(Which is a real MINUS!)

When kids use us it is usually with a purpose such as a research situation with a
classroom group.

Our biggest negative is the loss of the "free reader"... the greatest gain is that
the kids who use us are there for a definite purpose and we do not have the classic
struggle of the study hall escapees because we do not have a study hall with a 4
block schedule.....

Hope this helps all of you who are wondering how the Block affects the Media
Center..

Jerrian the Cybrarian
Jerri Linke   WHS   Willmar, Mn.
linkej@willmar.k12.cfa.org