'Way back when I was teaching eighth grade ENglish, I had my students write
out the words to"The StarSpangled Banner" from memory.  One young man raised
his hand and asked, "How do you spell 'donserly'?  He, of course, was
referring to "donserly light."
        In a vacation Bible school one summer, we were singing that old
chestnut "Climb Up Sunshine Mountain."  One of the lines is "turn, turn
from sin and darkness; one of the 5-year olds was singing (this is for all
you Ohio folks)  "turn, turn from Cincinnati".  Happy Holiday.   Betsy Stine

LM_NET Archive Home