We do not charge fines for books if the damage is minimal and the book is
still readable and usable. The child and the teacher are spoken to and,
depending on the nature of the damage, parents are called and a note is
entered in the patron record field.  If the book is damaged where it is
unusable (pages torn out, liquid damage, words covered over so that they
can't be read) the student must pay for the replacement of the book. Once
the student pays for the book, that copy is deleted from our collection
and the book becomes the student's property. (If a book is slightly
damaged we indicate that on the pocket of the book i.e "crayon
marking on page 3 noted 12/4/95 pk")

LM_NET Archive Home