Madeline Buchanan writes:
> At the first of the year I put student pictures on our school's homepage.
> ... I was told by my board of
> education that I must have parental permission even to include their
> child's picture on the Internet, regardless if their name was used or not.
>
> Needless to say, I removed all students' pictures from the homepage.

Why didn't you just send home permission slips?  We send home permission
slips and ask for various levels of permission.  We almost always get
a very good response.  See the Mustang site for an example
permission to publish form:  <URL:http://mustang.coled.umn.edu/>

Stephen E. Collins   <URL:http://Web66.coled.umn.edu/WebMaster.html>
University of Minnesota   Fax:(612)625-6817  sec@web66.coled.umn.edu

           Celebrate Max's Art Holiday on December 12
"Every year for Max's Art Holiday, children from around the world make
pictures and hang them on the walls of their homes"  -Max, at age 5.
    <URL:http://hillside.coled.umn.edu/max/Art/Holiday.html>

LM_NET Archive Home