librarians in our division.<<<<<

     I have been using portfolios in my courses for several years now and I
am a real believer in them.  Although I have not had to evaluate LMS since I
moved from an administrative position to that of university professor, I know
situations where a teaching portfolio is used as the assessment tool.   This
type of portfolio enables professionals to provide exhibits and reflective
rationales that illustrate their accomplishments.  It is much more effective
than the quantitative evaluation form.
Marjorie Pappas
University of Northern Iowa
Cedar Falls, IA