---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 1995 10:24:33 -0600 (CST)
From: Madelene Gray <gray7600@spacelink.msfc.nasa.gov>
To: Kenneth Hawley <khawley@ISBE.STATE.IL.US>
Subject: Re: Gen: Home Page Construction

 Hi Ken,
     I have trouble posting to the list, so if you would in return for
the favor, please forward it to the list.  I will be glad to recheck any
sites that don't go thru for typos if anyone would like to e-mail me
directly.  Thanks.  I hope you can find at least a start on what you
need.  It seems the simpilest are at the end.

     I have not started ours yet, but have been collecting a list of
sites mentioned by others.  Here's a few that say they are a starting point.

Keith Summerson     Burlington High School  Burlington, IA
     email to summerso@chaos.k12.ames.ia.us
     See our homepage   198.247.53.2   We made a beginners guide

Post your homepage for $1.00 per month
     http://www.DocuServ.com/DollarWeb/index.html

Mark A. Manross Va. Tech. Grad. Student http://infoserver.etl.vt.edu/~/dfour/
      Suggest the book "Dave Taylor's Creating Cool Web Pages with HTML"
      If you access Mark's homepage - he says that you can click on Dave
      Taylor and it will take you to his homepage with the book online.

      The C/net Online homepage also has a nice link to creating easy web
      pages and a link to Mark's homepage under the favorite homesites loc.

      His comment was that it is time consuming and if you do anything
      with pictures and icons however.  He suggest to keep it simple at
      first with just straight text and then add later.  (his e mail
      address is dfour@bev.net)

Marcela Wronski <mwronski@oise.on.ca>
     Here's a great one for the very beginner to try:
     http://www.oise.on.ca/~rtemkin/html/index.html
     For more advanced commands:
     http://www.utirc.utoronto.ca/HTMLdocs/NewHTML/htmlindex.html

Barbara J. Garten <wilde@net.com.com>
     Suggests that just about everything you will ever need to know about
     web site authoring can be found at this meta-resource page:
     http://www.netspace.org/users/dwb/www-authoring.html

>From THOMS@shc.edu
     I found an excellent (I mean really good) tutorial for writing
     HTML, by doing a Netscape netsearch for just those words.  The URL is at
     http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/tut/tutl.html
     By following the instructions and substituting my own information,
     I was able to set up a home page quickly and easily.
     There is also a HyperCard stack that does the work automatically.
     Do a netsearch for simple-html-editor.

Jeanette Mulholland  URI Teachers in Technology <jmm@uriacc.uri.edu>
     I like "Teach Yourself Web Publishing with HTML in a Week".  It
     really helped me and I did learn the basics quickly.  It's by
     Laura Lemay and put out by Sams Publishing and can be bought in a
     kit with software HTML editor and templates

Dave Elliott <delliott@cks.ssd.k12.wa.us> Tech Coordinator Greenwood School
     Seattle
     Apple computer multimedia folks highly, very highly recommend Adobe
     Pagemill.  It will make a webpage for you without html.
     Sounds great, I am ordering it for myself.

Tommy Hynfrey <100666.113@CompuServe.COM>suggests if you are interested in
     graphics to look here.  We have a web site at
     http://ourworld.compuserv.com/homepages/ed_inter
     This links to our joint site with IBM with over 120 photomicrograph
     images.  Many of these are suited to k12.

Computer Technician
Harman Elementary School
7660 Ridge Chapel RD
Hanover, MD 21076