We,too, used to use recycled paper as Carol W. is doing. Then we changed
out inkjet printers to laser printers and have been told repeatedly NOT to
use recyled paper in printers that have a "drum" that can be damaged by
the heat against the ink on the once-used paper (very simplistic
explanation of the science of the situation). WARNING is the bottom line.
Use recycled paper in laser printers at your own risk! BTW, recycled
paper doesn't feed as well in laser printers as it does in ink jets.

It sadens my "green" heart not to be able to use this wonderful way of
recycling - let alone save on paper cost :-(..

Carol Mackey
Mountain View HS
Vancouver, WA
cmackey@egreen.wednet.edu

On Fri, 8 Dec 1995, CAROL WINTERCORN wrote:

> We collect used paper from teachers and the school secretary for
> student use in printing from the computer stations.  A reuse before
> recycle system.  In addition, students are limited in the amount of time
> they have at any given station when an entire class has come to use the
> resources.  Some encyclopedia programs have preferences which can be set
> to limit the amount of printing per file.  You might want to explore that
> possibility with the SIRS researcher.
>
> Carol Wintercorn
> Carroll Middle
> Raleigh, NC