On Tue, 12 Dec 1995, Paul Messersmith wrote:

> > e-mail letters. My question is how do you get something from your word
> > processor into Pine e-mail? Can it be done? If anyone is an expert user
> > of Pine e-mial, would you mind sharing this information with me.

If you are using a service provider (modem) type what you want and save
it as an ASCII text file.  Then upload it to your home directory.

To upload, type rz (as in receive zmodem) at the Unix prompt and then hit
upload in your comm program (or sz -filename- in kermit) and upload the file.

Compose message in Pine and hit CTRL-R and type the file name.  Your text
should appear. (this is the same idea as for placing the sig file.)

It's easier to do this if you are hard-wired, you don't have to upload.

Hope this helps.  If you need any clarification, let me know.

Ty Winter
* Computer Resource Administrator      *
* The Committee for a Secure Louisiana *
* tywinter@tyrell.net                  *
* secure@tyrell.net                    *