Unfortunately, Epaminondes (I didn't look for a cite on spelling) seems
to be enjoying a resurgence, but this controversial book is considered by
many to be racist, and some credible librarians feel it doesn't deserve
the controversy since, in the words of one children's librarian I know,
it isn't that good.  It is based on a funny, lively folktale called "Lazy
Jack."  If memory serves me, Inez Hogue wrote Epam....(may have
illustrated the original).  Steer your colleague toward Lazy Jack....

LM_NET Archive Home