 David Wisniewski is a wonderful author/illustrator.  The kids (K-6) thought
he was great, the teachers loved him and I was still entertained after 5
presentations.  He does beautiful, intricate paper cut illustrations (The
Warrior and the Wiseman, Elfwyn's Saga, Rain Player, Sundiata, and The
Wave of the Sea Wolf).  He started the presentations with some shadow
puppets and the kids wanted more.  He talked about writing and
illustrating and the need to revise, revise, revise.  The teachers were
all nodding their heads when he talked about needing to do draft after
draft.  Since we were in a small school, we used one of his presentation
times to conduct an artist workshop and we also had a Creative Writing
Workshop.

His manager at Clarion Books is Marjorie Naughton (212) 420-5883.  She is
very helpful.
I can't say enough good things about his visit with the kids.  Besides
that, he was great fun to be with.  His visit was the highlight of my
year last year.

Blythe Bennett
babennet@mailbox.syr.edu

LM_NET Archive Home