On Fri, 15 Dec 1995, Patricia Premo wrote:

> I am considering purchase of either SuperTOM or Sirs Researcher for my
> 7-12 grade library media center.  I would also purchase Sirs Discoverer
> for my K-6 library media center if Sirs is my choice.  I'd like to hear
> pros and cons of both products.  We will be making them available over
> our new school network.  TIA  patpremo@bbs.tcbi.com

We have Sirs Researcher, Sirs Gov Reporter and are testing Sirs
Renaissance.  I think they are great.  The students use them constantly.
We have TOM, the microfilm index and the kids don't use it much.
Probably because it isn't computer based. Anyway, I recommend SIRS
products highly for a 7-12 media center.  No extra charge to put it on a
LAN and if you use it on a stand alone, they provide a second copy of the
CD-ROM for free to use in the same building.

LM_NET Archive Home