The following is a list of weather sites that people sent a
week or two ago.  I've tried to go through the list and delete
the duplications.  The one at the beginning of the list was
recommended by a number of people.  Thanks to all who responded!

http://cirrus.sprl.umich.edu/wxnet/

or www.wlns.com (that may take you to the same place, I'm not
sure).

Here are some others I am copying from The Internet Complete
Reference.  I
haven't tried any of them.

Gray's Atlantic Seasonal Hurricane Forecast
    Finger:  forecast@typhoon.atmos.colostate.edu

Hourly Auroral Activity Status Report
        Finger:  aurora@xi.uleth.ca

NOAA Earth Systems Data Directory
        Telnet:  esdim1.nodc.noaa.gov
        Login:  noaadir

        Telnet:  nodc.nodc.noaa.gov
        Login:  noaadir

Solar and Geophysical Reports
        Finger:  solar@xi.uleth.ca (updated every 3 hours)
        Finger:  daily@xi.uleth.ca (daily summary)

Surface Analysis and Weather Maps
        Anonymous FTP:  vmd.cso.uiuc.edu

Weather Reports
        Telnet:  downwind.sprl.umich.edu 3000

Weather Reports  (Australia)
        Telent:  vicbeta.vic.bom.gov.au 55555

Check out the weather professor
http://thunder.atms.purdue.edu/

Try the gopher at <chico.rice.edu>.  You'll find WEATHER listed
and lots more once you select that entry.

Try UMIch's Weather Underground site:
http://groundhog.sprl.umich.edu/index.html.

I read your post on LM_NET about weather sites on the Web. I'd
like to suggest that you look at "Science Now" -- a newsletter
that
deals with atmospheric topics that is jointly published by the
University Corporation for Atmospheric Research and SIRS, Inc.

   "Science Now" is available online via the SIRS Web site
(free of
charge) -- http://www.sirs.com (under Partner Programs). Each
issue of "Science Now" contains articles, photos, classroom
activities and suggestions for additional resources. Topics that
have been covered in past issues include tornadoes, ozone
depletion, snow, el nino, and others.

Yahoo has good links to weather sites.  If you have access, you
may  want to try looking there.

Hello.  For a graphical weather map of the US complete with the
latest radar
image from an orbiting weather satellite, try:
http://www.mit.edu:8001/usa.html

My favourite is Meteorological Office   http://www.meto.govt.uk/

But also try:
Weather For Schools     http://aws.com/AUS
Weather Radar   http://graupel.mit.edu/Radar-Lab.html
Weather 4       http://http.ucar.edu/WeatherInfo.html
Weather 6       http://rs560.cl.msu.edu/weather/
Weather 8       http://thunder.atms.purdue.edu/ Weather
Weather 5       http://www.atmos.uiuc.edu/
Weather 7       http://www.cdc.moaa.gov/
Weather 2 http://www.cs.ucl.as.uk.misc/weather/weather.html
UK Weather      http://www.eia.brad.ac.uk/rti/reports/index.html
Weather 1 http://www.yahoo.com/Environment_and_Nature/Weather/
WIND            http;//sln.fi.edu/tfi/units/units.html

Jan 1996 issue of Internet World, available at newsstands,
book stores, etc., has an entire article on ALL sources for
weather
info available on the web, gopher, etc.

ftp://downdry.atmos.colostate.edu/pub/TCfaq1 (This is FAQ 1.
FAQ2 is the
same address with 2 at the end instead of 1.

http://www.hiwaay.net/cwbol/hurr.html This site has some great
links,including one to the home page of Dr. Grey who is the
meteorologist who
predicted correctly the active 1995 hurricane season.  His page
has some additional links.

http://thunder.net.fsu.edu/explores/tropical.html This also has
a link to NOAA and to the National Hurricane Center.  This was the site I
found the most info on this summer about current hurricanes.

--
Kathy Lafferty
klaffert@pen.k12.va.us

LM_NET Archive Home