Thanks to everyone who responded to my request.  I will post a hit of
depression novels/movies after Christmas.
Re: popular children's reading of the past, I will post research results
at a later time.  My fifth grade students will do their surveys of
parents, grandparents during the holdiay break and then attempt both
paper and electronic research after that so will let you know the results
of our project down the road.
Our school is doing this for a grant from the US West Foundation.  Our
grant involves researching chage in the 20th century--curriculum areas
pick topics suited to theirsubject and research aims to teach new
electronic methods with products of the research demonstrating again a
variety of technological possibilities. We used the grant money to
connect our school network directly to the Internet and Telnet.  Every
teacher has a computer on his/her desk and labs are also connected.
We're like Lewis and Clark---explorers of new continents of info.  If you
are in the region giving US West Found grants, I hope many of you
consider applying.
Thanks again forthe quick response to my requests.

Verna LaBounty, Lib/Media                       "Reading is to the mind
labounty@sendit.nodak.edu                     what exercise is to the body."
Kindred Public School                           ...Richard Steele
Kindred, ND 58051

LM_NET Archive Home