After following the interest in Epaminondas, I just had to share my good
fortune with you.  A few years ago I was helping a friend locate a copy.
I found one at a flea market that was in decent condition and the dealer
wanted the "outrageous" sum of $25.00 for it.  My friend's mom get it for
her birthday.  A year later I was thrilled to find a copy for me at
another flea market.  It was in excellent condition with dust jacket
still intact.  The dealer was asking $5.00 but she came down to $4.00!
Needless to say, I was thrilled :-)  I have also found a few copies of
the Inez Hogan sereis about Nichodemus.  They are along the same line as
Epaminondas....charming and wonderful.  I, too, have seen these books at
$125.00 and up.  Just think how many of these were probably "withdrawn"
and destroyed.  I sometimes cringe now as I withdraw books and wonder
what future collectibles I might wish I had kept.
Happy Holidays!
Linda Hurley
Knightdale Elementary

LM_NET Archive Home