Last year I had a problem with teachers showing PG and PG-13 videos to
classes in  a k-6 school and with teachers showing videos that did not
support the curriculum.  We wrote a policy that the teachers accepted and
they abide by the part about supporting the curriculum.  However, I have one
teacher who still constantly wants to show PG and PG-13 movies to a class.  I
have told the teacher  PG or PG-13 movies cannot be shown to children 12 and
under without parental consent.  The teachers next question: is this a law,
or a movie industry rating.  Can anyone help me with the answer to that
question?  The teachers  feelings are that if it is an industry rating  the
rating and our school policy can be disregarded.

Annemarie Timmerman
Stoney Creek Elementary School
Reidsville, NC
IRobbie@aol.com