The Rating system is the product of the industry...a compromise of sorts
to avoid censorship.  It is purely arbitrary and NOT legally binding on a
school.  So the question then becomes, is this an instance of a teacher
showing inappropriate material or is she violating a policy?  By what
standards do you consider her choice inappropriate?  I would suggest that
you develop a selection policy for nonprint materials to avoid any future
conflict.  I'm betting there are several LM_Netter's reading
this thread that would have some terrific policy suggestions.

Good luck!
Pat Griffin
v117gxya@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu