I decided to reply to the list because I thought many of you might find this
information useful.  I recently e-mailed the President to indicate my
support of sending troops to Bosnia and received a very informative and
detailed response from the White House autoresponder.  All of the following
information comes from that response:
--the only personal addresses at whitehouse.gov are:
President@whitehouse.gov
Vice.President@whitehouse.gov
First.Lady@whitehouse.gov
Mrs. Gore and other White House staff should be written through
regular mail at:  The White House, Washington, D.C. 20500

White House home page called "Welcome to the White House:  An interactive
Citizens' Handbook" can be accessed at:  http://www.whitehouse.gov

White House documents and publications are available by e-mail also.  To
receive instructions on retrieving documents, send a message to:
publications@whitehouse.gov
In the body of the message, type "Send Info" (without quotes); do not
include other text such as message headers or signature files.  The
instructions will be sent to you automatically.

There is also a White House Public Access Email FAQ document available at:
faq@whitehouse.gov
Among other things, it lists alternate sources of government information,
i.e., the Congressional e-mail projects.

Mary Ellen Scribner, Librarian                  512 464-4033
Westwood High School, Round Rock ISD            512 464-4020 (FAX)
12400 Mellow Meadow Dr.                         scribner@tenet.edu
Austin, TX 78750-1824

On Thu, 21 Dec 1995, Harriet A. Rood wrote:

> Does someone have the em-mail address for the White House?  I had it a
> long time ago and lost it.  Thanks

LM_NET Archive Home