I've checked the archives and was surprised to find no info on
what I'm sure is a very common library sponsored activity. Students
have suggested a bulletin board in my 9-12 high school which
posts a different trivia question every day. I've used Chase's
guide to annual events (not sure of the correct title) to generate
enough questions for January 1996. My question is - how do I
manage this?  I like the idea of stimulating library  research but
don't want to have to devote a lot of time or money to managing
an ongoing contest with winners, prizes, etc. Do any of you do
this in your schools? Is the response worth the effort? Do you
have forms for submission of entries? Are winners announced
daily, weekly, monthly? Are prizes/awards part of the incentive?
I'm also toying with the idea of doing daily book blurbs for the
morning announcements to encourage students' leisure reading.
Do any of you have any advice for me?
TIA for all your help!

Marie Baker
Marlboro High School