On Thu, 28 Dec 1995, Sandra Griffith wrote:

> What are you reading while on your break?

Great reminder, Sandra!  I said I would post a list of those books that
everyone said they were reading during the summer and I never did -- even
though I did compile the list.  I'll go find it and post it to the group
tomorrow.

I'll add some of your suggestions to my reading list (the others, I've read).

One that I read because the AP English teachers wanted a copy for the
library was an old one, a sci fi -- _Ender's Game_ by Card.  I really
liked it and was amazed that the copyright date was 1977.  I will
recommend it to my computer kids who *think* they like computers better
than books!

The story reminded me of _The Giver_ in a way except that it is much
longer and more in depth, of course.  The main characters are children and
they play computer games as well as sending and receiving e-mail, etc.,
etc.  I won't tell more because it's really *different*!  It's pretty
violent in some places, but that should keep the pages turning for
students who are hard to convince.  I believe it is a trilogy -- there may
be a 4th volume of Ender Wiggins's adventures, but I'm not sure. I *know*
there are 3.

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home