Well, I finally found my list!  I typed it hurriedly in the summer when
everyone was sending suggestions, so I may have some of them wrong.
Also, a few of the titles (Buffalo Commons, Farewell to a River, etc.)
came from elsewhere, but they are on my list, so ....

(If I butchered any of your favorites, please post a correction. Also, I
was not able to find all of the titles in the book store where I shopped.)

Betty
bhamilt@tenet.edu

Alvarez, Julia - In the Time of the Butterflies
                 How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents

Bryson, Bill - Lost Continenet (non-fiction)

Buffalo Commons - about giving the plains back to the buffalo
               (Recommended by someone not on LM_NET)

Card - Ender's Game
       Speaker for the Dead
       Xenocide

Cornwell, Patricia

DeLint, Charles  -  Fantasy:
     Dreams Underfoot
     The Fair at Emain Macha
     Into the Green
     The Little Country
     Memory and Dream
     Moonheart
     Spiritwalk

Discipline for the 21st Century (Not sure where this one came
                    from)

Doerr, Harriet - Stones for Ibarra

Dunnet, Dorothy -historical sagas (late 15th century man-about-
     Europe: (2)
     Game of Kings
     Queen's Play
     Pawn in Frankincense
     Checkmate
     The King Hereafter (about MacBeth

Shields, Carol - The Stone Diaries (2)

Edgerton, Clyde - Walking Across Egypt (2)
                & In Memory of Junior

Faaber, Adele and Elaine Mazlish - How to Talk so Kids Will
          Listen and Listen So Kids will Talk (effective
          parenting program)

Francis, Claire - Wolf Winter (espionage)

Gabaldon, Diana - Outlander (2)
                  Voyager (2)
                  Dragonfly in Amber (2)
        (being written now:  Drums of Autumn
        (Romance, Sci Fi/Fantasy, Historical - All of the above)
        They MUST be read in this order!

George, Elizabeth - mysteries

Gibbons, Kaye - Charms for an Easy Life

Goldsmith, Olivia - First Wives' Club

Goodrum, Charles - Dewey Decimated (Book theft in large private
                    library in Washington D. C.
                   The Best Cellar (hidden treasure & historic
                    architecture)

Gossen, Diane Chelson -  Restitution   (MY list -- not sure where
                                        it came from!)
               New View Publications
               P. O. Box 3021
               Chapel Hill, NC 27515 3021

Graves, John -  Goodby to a River by John Graves (about the
                Brazos River) Texas History

Hammil -- includes libraries

Harrison, Sue -- prehistoric titles

Hegi, Ursula - Stones from the River

Hillerman, Tony - anything!

Jance, J. A. (Detective books):
     Shoot, Don't Shoot
     Until Proven Guilty plus others
     Hour of the Hunter

Jones, Douglas - Historical Fiction

Kahn, David - The Codebreakers (everything by Kahn)

Kellerman, Jonathan - Alex Delaware books:
     When the Bough Breaks
     Blood Test
     Bad Love

King, Paul - The Voyagers
             The Discoverers
             The Dreamers

Kingsolver, Barbara:  Animal Dreams
                      The Bean Trees
                      Pigs in Heaven

Koontz, Dean - Rainmaker and Icebound (Isn't Rainmaker a Grisham
                    book?)

Kress, Nancy - Beggars in Spain (sci fi)

Least Heat Moon, Wm. - Blue Highways (non-fiction)

Lee, James Burke (mysteries)

Lee, Gus - China Boy  and sequel Honor and Duty

Leo, the Late Bloomer

Lowry, Lois - The Giver

MacDonald, Walter -  Counting Survivors (poetry)

McAfferty - The Rowan, Damia, Damia's Children (Sci Fi)

Midnight in the garden of good and evil, The true story of
               Savannah

Negroponte, Nicholas - Being Digital

Nelson, Jane -  Positive Discipline

Norman, Donald - The Psychology of Everyday Things (non-fiction)

Patterson, Richard North -  Eyes of a Child

Penman, Sharon Kay - 13th century England in fiction

Perry, Anne - mysteries

Proulx, Annie - The Shipping News

Readiness for What?

Rehnquist, Wm. - The Supreme Court: How it Was; ... (non-fiction)

Sharpe, Tom - Anything!  (bawdy, British humor)

Shields, Carol Warner: Swann

Siddons, Anne Rivers - Colony
                       Peachtree Street

Skom, Edith - The Mark Twain Murders (large-scale book theft &
               murder

Takei, George - To the Stars (sci fi)

Teen Killers  (True crime stories, I think)

Tey, Josephine - The Daughter of Time (Richard III)

Thompson, C. - Black for Remembrance (mystery)

Whitfield, Paul -  Calaban in Blue (poetry)

Willard, Nancy - Sister Water

Wood, Barbary - Golden Urchin (all books by Wood)

Wood, Stuart

LM_NET Archive Home