        I visited Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings old home outside of
Gainesville, Florida and my daughter and I promptly headed for
a bookstore to get paperbacks of Cross Creek.
        If you liked Cliff Stoll's Silicon Snake Oil, try his
first book, The Cuckoo's Egg, about his experiences trying to
track down a hacker in his system--it's a real life suspense
thriller.
        A Short Walk in the Hindu Kush will delight all who
ever thought of a mountain climbing expedition.
        Elizabeth Peters has a series beginning with A
Crocodile on the Sandbank that is a great favorite with the
whole family.
        I'll add my thanks to the person who first recommended
the books by Diane Gabaldon and look forward to the new
title----and to the dial-in catalog at the Williamsburg
Regional Library for allowing me to check availability of all
the suggestions sent in by LM_netters.

        Meredith Altshuler
        maltshul@pen.k12.va.us

LM_NET Archive Home