Congrats to all those who have time to indulge in books and been posting the
books they have enjoyed. Isn't it odd that most of us came to this
profession due to our love of books/reading and we get to do very little?!

Since I write a weekly column of fiction for children age 7 to 11, this
is the time I strap myself to the computer and plan out the first half
of  the year. Trying to get 20 to 26 story ideas (pertainent to Guam or
which island children can get to) can cause serious havoc in one's brain
channels. I am going to look for a couple of those books you listed
though... as soon as I come up with 4 more ideas! ;-)  (Or loosen these
straps just a bit more!)

I feel a little like Marla though. Now I don't have to get up at 4 AM to
read all the interesting messages before school and hardly anyone is
there to write! My Internet provider (great people that they are!) is
having trouble keeping up with the need. It isn't always possible to get
online in the evening hours. Since Guam is 15 hours ahead of EST, the
middle of your afternoon is the middle of my night and we're a day ahead
of you. For instance, now it is 7:30 AM on New Year's Eve. In Wyoming, it
is 2:30 PM the 30th! Ain't time a funny thing!

--
Happy New Year!

Slainte! May today bring a great new story for your repertoire!
T.K.Cassidy, MLIS -- Guam Talebearers; president/cofounder
                                -- Librarian, Upi Elementary
                                  tkc@kuentos.guam.net

LM_NET Archive Home