In a previous article, sornsin@SENDIT.NODAK.EDU (Kathleen Margaret Sornsin) says
 :

>I agree; anyone who would take this job is nuts!  I'd say to the person
>doing the hiring, "Obviously, you have no idea what a school
>library/media center is for" and then I'd take a hike!

Unfortunately, there are many places (like most elementary schools in W. Mass)
where someone is hired as a library aide and expected to run the library.
And there are a lot of dedicated library-loving people who take those jobs,
mostly uncertified, some with public library experience.  I had one in a
brand new school for two years while I was getting my MLS.  MANY schools
expect this of "library aides".  Major public education needed here, folks!

--
Johanna Halbeisen                               "We are confronted by
Rebecca M. Johnson School(K-8)                   insurmountable opportunties."

LM_NET Archive Home