On Tue, 31 Jan 1995, Ellen R. Murphy wrote:

> Betty: You might want to post a message to the list telling everyone that
> this wasn't a joke. Someone read my reply to you and wrote to me that she
> thought it was just a joke. I didn't think  it was and it seemed like
> others believed it too but please let us know.

Ellen and the Group,

The library aide's job description was NOT a joke.  As a matter of fact,
the acquaintance who let me have the copy of the criteria got the job.
She begins tomorrow.  I *did* ask who her supervisor is.  It is an
English teacher in the system.  The new aide asked for an aide, and she
got one!  (BTW, the school is *very* small.)

The new aide-in-charge was in my library a couple of days ago with a
typewritten list of subject areas and Dewey numbers asking if those were
still good (1976).  I showed her my several volumes of Dewey Decimal books and
gently said, "This is what I use.  I learned how to catalog when I got my
master's in library science."  She needs a job; I don't want to be unkind.

Betty
bhamilt@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home