There is a new task force at our school working to evaluate the
pre-kindergarten screening that is done in the spring each year.
What does your elementary school do to assess children for readiness to
attend kindergarten in the fall?   What tools do they use for assessment?
What do you expect your kindergarteners to be able to do prior to
beginning the year?  Do you ever recommend that a child wait to start?
What form does that recommendation take?

First time for these folks to use internet, I'm out to impress:)
Thanks in advance.  I've personally had some terrific responses from you
in the past!

Barbara Sanford
Shiloh Hills Elementary
Spokane, Washington