Danee Wilson dwilson@umd5.umd.edu asked
"My principal would like the quote from the Greeks that talks about how
the youth of today (B.C.) are running wild and messing up royally.  How
kids in his time were more responsible, etc. than todays youth.  He
thought it was Euripides or Socrates.  I've looked in Stevenson's and
Bartlett's under "youth" etc, but can't find it.  Would someone out there
with a better memory than mind come up with the quote?"

I have the answer not because I'm a great classics scholar, but
because YALSA used the quote as part of a recent PR campaign.
YALSA cites an article by Kirk A. Astroth entitled "Beyond Ephebiphia:
Problem Adults or Problem Youths." _Phi Delta Kappan_ (Jan. '94)
pp. 411-13.

"Ephebiphobia" is the fear of adolescents.
--
Peter Butts                         +       "One man gathers
East Middle School                  +        what another man

LM_NET Archive Home