This is in regard to Carole Perla's question on fitting in book talks when one
has flexible scheduling.

What has been working for me is a modified flexible schedule where classes that
want a fixed time in the library can arrange to come in once every other week.
During this half hour slot I do a 15 minute booktalk with grades two-5 and
storytell with the kindergartners and first grade.  During the 15 minutes, I
talk about two to three books and read excerpts to give the students an idea
of the characters or the atmospere or the conflict.  I usually center on some
theme-for example, wishing, family conflicts, growing up or it could be r ethnic
  themes.

Both classes that don't have a fixed time and classes that do can arrange to com
 e in during the flex time, mostly in the afternoons.

The library is open to all students all day except for a half hour when I have
lunch.

Hope this helps.
Karen Stockton
Sacred Hearts Academy