Hello,
I just join the listserv and, as you can see by my signature, I am a community
college librarian. However, I have just been asked to help a small, private
school (k-8) get ready for accreditation.  I'm used to college settings and so
this is quite a change. I would love to get advice on:
1. collection development policies and policy manuals
2. automation
The school would like to set up a computer with the library catalog.  As you
can imagine, the budget is quite limited.

I'd appreciate any advice because I'm basically starting from scratch. Theyv'e
never had a librarian or even a regular volunteer and so the place is a mess.

THANKS! in advance

Stephanie Adams
sadams@mscc.cc.tn.us
Motlow State Community College