I agree with you our students are at a disadvantage when taking the
ITBS.  The first thing I did was to go to the Director of Student
Services who monitors achievement tests for our district and alert her to
the fact the standardized test are testing something different from what
our students are being taught.  We also had some other concerns about the
questions.  I pointed out to her that we might expect a drop in students
scores because of this situation.  We have not received a report from
last years scores yet, but after I see them some followup will ocurr.

Joie Taylor
Coordinator of Libraries                *********************************
Columbus Public Schools                         Change is difficult,
P.O. Box 947                                    even when you want it.
(402) 564-2864
email: jtaylor@gilligan.esu7.k12.ne.us

LM_NET Archive Home