FYI-

This was posted by a friend in an interesting situation.
His boss wants him to give her his password to his e-mail
account.

He ended up deciding to re-route his personal mail through
his personal, student, account and give in to his  boss.

Rod gave me permission to repost this as long as I didn't take
it out of context.  He also mentioned that the fact that
many of his friends don't communicate over email due
to their lack of time in grad school.  Ah, well, the price
we pay.  :)

Sara
Swolf@nova.wright.edu

*************

Henry and Co,

        I don't feel violated, but thanks for your concern.  However,
everyone of you should realize that all email is not private.  Over here
in Minessota, I have noticed that people are not studpid and that they
are very reluctant to communicate over email (is it my bad breath?).
Nontheless, you should be aware of this, and if it is very important (too
important), it might be used against you.  Then again, I am talking about
a highly politicized situation (grad school).  Best wishes to y'all.

                                                --Rodrigo

On Mon, 30 Jan 1995, Henry Pierluissi wrote:

> In light of a contract dispute over privacy, it has come to my attention
> that the henryp@cs.utexas.edu  account's email and files have been probed by
> people OTHER than myself. Hence, I am asking that no one email me at this
> account for ANY REASON.
>
> I'm sorry for any of you who have mailed me there feel violated. I had no
> idea this was going on. I ask that everyone use the
> "henryp@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu" for **ALL** correspondence to me.
>
> Also, the WWW home page of http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~henry/ has been
> deleted. I will probably set up a similar (if not better) home page on this
> accunt.
>
> My appology for any inconvenience this may have caused.
>
> Henry

LM_NET Archive Home