Actually, I have a copy of our state attorney general's (Dan Morales)
letter which he wrote to Library Distributors of America back in 1993, if
you want me to send you a copy.  We know that legally we're on safe
grounds, but we don't want the hassle and threats that Thomson is sending
our way.  We were concerned that we were taking an incalcitrant stand
compared to other librarians facing the same problem.  It's easier to
talk to the people at Thomson if we have some numbers to back us up.

On Sat, 4 Feb 1995, Roselle_Weiner wrote:

> wow! that's some story, Selina, it'd scare me if folks started sending
> letters like that and going to my supervisor.  Now that i hear this, I'll
> be much more careful what action I do take if this happens to me again.
> However, the only sticking advice would be from a lawyer and that I don't
> have.
>
> all best,
>
> Roselle
>

> American School for the Deaf